How It Works
Preseem polls Sonar for information about site equipment and accounts via an API, from the Preseem cloud. Changes in Sonar are synced to Preseem within 5 minutes.
- Network Site equipment is read into Preseem's model of (Tower, Sector).
- Each Equipment Item in Sonar is read into Preseem as an Access Point if it has a category of any of AP, Access Point, Access Points, Subscriber Module, or CPE. This categorization is configurable and can be based on Deployment Type, Model, Manufacturer or Category of the equipment.
- The Network Site Name in Sonar is used to set the Tower in Preseem.
- The Description of the IP Assignment of the equipment item in Sonar is used to set the Sector name in Preseem. If there is no description, the IP address is used. If two equipment items have the same description, the IP address is appended to the description.
- Preseem will set a 10Gbps shaper on the IP Address of all network site equipment in Sonar to prevent management traffic from being shaped to the default rate.
- Any IP addresses or subnets assigned to the Network Site will be set to 10Gbps to prevent management traffic from being shaped to the default rate.
- Customer Account data is read into Preseem's data model.
- The Account ID in Preseem is the Account ID in Sonar.
- The Account Name in Preseem is the Account Name in Sonar.
- The Data Service assigned to the account is used to set the upload and download rates for the account in Preseem.
- To override the service rates for a specific account, add two metadata fields to the service you want to override (Financial>Services in Sonar1, Settings>Billing>Services in Sonar2) called "preseem_down_kbps" and "preseem_up_kbps". Then edit the account and set the billing metadata for that account.
- All Equipment assigned to each account is loaded into Preseem. CPE mac addresses or IMSIs are used to map accounts into the network topology.
- The upload and download rates in Preseem will be shared by the IP Address of each equipment and all IP Assignments of a Sonar account. CPE management IP addresses are included in the shaper if they are assigned to the account and inspected by the Preseem appliance.
- By default, customer equipment that are classified as Access Points are not treated differently from any other customer equipment. This behavior can be changed by Preseem on a case by case basis, so that Access Points assigned to a Sonar account are handled the same way as Network Site Access Points by Preseem. Contact Preseem customer support if this is required.
- By default, Sonar accounts that do not have a status of Active are shaped to their regular service speed by Preseem. This behavior can be changed by Preseem on a case by case basis, so that non-active accounts are blocked. Currently this configuration can only be done by Preseem, but in the future it will be available in the Preseem web app.
- Delinquent accounts can also be blocked.
- Preseem can be configured to report usage to Sonar. To avoid double-counting with other usage reporting systems, this is disabled by default. This can be enabled by Preseem on request.
Create a role for Preseem, with the following permissions, then create a user with that role.
- Read access to Accounts, Inventory, IPAM, Network, and System in the Sonar environment.
- To write usage data to Sonar from Preseem, you will need to enable Create and Update for Accounts.
Please follow these instructions to create a user with the correct permissions: